Monday, May 24, 2010

"I gave up everything to be here..."

If you will remember back a bit, I wrote about how I was watching the first episode of the Bachelor so I could see what all the fuss was about. Well, I watched the show. And I can tell you, without a doubt, that this is the stupidest show on television.
Having said that, here I am, watching The Bachelorette and I will confess, this show is absolutely the dumbest show on television. I mean, these guys are on here trying to "win" this girl's heart by making her ugly flowers out of red napkins, making scrapbooks and showing her on the first date, or playing the uke...yes...that's the abreve for a ukulele. It's just the silliest thing there is on television. I mean, this makes the Real Housewives seem normal.
But really, on a show that had a guy backflipping off of the top of a limo, a cripple, a geeky weatherman, a gimp wrestler, more D-bags than in the cast of Jersey Shore and a tale of collegiate premature ejaculation, this is really great escapist television. I have been sitting here with my mom and sister and we've been shouting at the TV, booing people, and laughing at the idiots that are throwing themselves at this girl. It's been a good night as far as the shouting is concerned. And we're on Team Frank (if he will only blink please)
So yes - this is still the dumbest show on television. Will I keep watching this season? Probably not. But it made for a really terrific two hours of laughing.

Sidenote:
"I once quit dating a guy because of the way he got into the car." - my mother

No comments: