Monday, March 8, 2010

The ugly truth

Blair says that sexting isn't okay until you are in an actual relationship. I'm so glad Gossip Girl is back on.
You know that saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder?" Well, I feel that way about my shows. I think the time that we spend away from each other just brings us closer together when we reunite.
That hasn't always been the case though. I mean, when I gave up Heroes for Lent (not really), I never got back on the train. I just kept watching as the train fell off the tracks in the news and watched the ratings tumble. Apparently most of the viewership also gave it up.
I gave up Greys too. It happened around the time that Callie decided that she was a lesbian, something completely outside of her character and didn't make any sense at all, and I never got back into it. These character arches that don't make any sense anger me. Kinda like Katherine on Housewives sleeping with the stripper. Doesn't make any sense. Anger.
I gave up on the OC for the same reason. Why did Marissa think that dating a girl was a good idea? Why? It's not that I have anything wrong with girls who want to date girls or guys who want to date guys. That's not it. It's that as a television enthusiast, it doesn't make sense in the characters for these things to happen. It's just sensationalism and trying to shock people into staying interested. Turns out, it does the opposite for me.
Oh, I watched the first season of Ugly Betty and liked it a lot. I just forgot to start watching it again and then I was too deep into other shows to make space for it. So I guess I gave it up too. But not for the same reasons. The gays on that show were overt from the beginning.
Moral of the story: My shows are back on and I missed them. Just don't screw it up or you will get OCed.

No comments: