Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tweets

Let's talk twitter.
I have a twitter. I got it so I could figure out how it works. I've got potential internships in the fall and I need to know how to tweet. Apart from that, I don't have a reason to be on there. If I really want to tell people what's going on in my life, I could tell them on facebook, or in a text, or in person. In person? Can you imagine?
But I'm on there. And I follow some people and some people follow me. That's fine. Having said that, there's no reason for me to be on here. I'm not in business for myself, I don't need to promote myself in any way, and everything that I could read from people on twitter who do either of those things, I read on actual websites. But I get it, after Myspace, the Rome of the internet for a while, fell, we needed something new.
That's my shpeal on twitter. But my real problem isn't with twitter at all. It's with people who tweet too much. Really, there are people who tweet their lives away and make sure that their every move is documented in digital space. To those people, I have nothing to say because me telling them to get a life won't help them. They are lost causes.
But how about people who tweet throughout sports events? And I'm not talking about news organizations whose job it is to send the play by play out there for people who aren't watching. I'm talking about people who just give their commentary on the game. Commentary that has no context. Why? Why is that being thrown out there? Why?
I know that anyone who is on twitter has sent out stupid tweets. It's just what happens. But that doesn't make it alright. And I'm calling you out on it. Yes. I mean you Twitterverse. Calm down. We don't care.

No comments: