Monday, March 8, 2010

Spartan cheerleading


I started watching the Starz show Spartacus: Blood and Sand about a month and a half ago and then I got busy and never kept up with it. Well I started catching up this week and I must say that I've never seen so much nudity in my life.
Well, I don't know that I should say that. I've never seen that much nudity on television. And my nudity, I mean male. If you haven't seen this show, it's like 300 with more nudity. Lots of muscles, lots of death, lots of blood.
So why are you watching it?
I heard you ask.
Well, it's intriguing. There's something about it that is interesting. It's odd to see a show that doesn't hide anything, doesn't censor anything, and is as overt as regular television wishes that it could be. So it's interesting.
But I will tell you that the first episode featured some of the worst acting I've ever seen, I mean we are talking some real CW caliber stuff here. I mean, I think Tori and Dean have more skills than what was shown in that episode. But as it's gone on, it's been much better. Either that or I've gotten used to it.
But I just think it's so interesting that a show can just let loose and not be inhibited at all, doing and saying everything that it wants to without worry of what anyone will think. There's something to that. Even in watching True Blood or Weeds, there is a line that they won't cross. But in this show, they do whatever they want...and I'm a fan. There's always something appealing about the thing in which you aren't really supposed to like.
So I'm still watching. Well this and the CW. Gossip Girl starts up again tomorrow night.

No comments: