Saturday, March 27, 2010

Of course

It's time for something new. There comes a point when things are just the same for too long and if you're ever going to grow at all, things have to change. A location change, a break, a pause, a something needs to happen.
Yet for all that's changing, I've rediscovered some things from my life that didn't need to change and luckily for me, they haven't.
Of course the thing that hasn't changed is music. Of course it is.
It's so fun when you rediscover your old music that you used to listen to all the time and for whatever reason, you don't anymore. Of course you still know all the lyrics and can sing along like you never put that CD away. Why is that? Why can we remember all the lyrics to songs from our childhoods but we can't remember what we study for a midterm? I can sing all the words to the "50 Nifty United States" to this day and I learned that in 5th grade, but what I wrote on my midterm a week and a half ago? Not a clue.
But apart from this resurgence of music that shaped my life 10 or 15 years ago, I think I need a resurgence in some other areas as well. You know when you get all anxious and you just need to get out of the routine and do something drastically different? Have a new experience? Go out on that limb? Chance rejection in the hope that it won't happen? Take a chance, take a chance, take-a take-a chance chance? Of course you do. We all need that. It helps us feel alive and I like that feeling.
I need that feeling again.

No comments: