Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bye bye bye

Corey Haim was found dead this morning, apparently from an overdose.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't know anything about him really. I've never seen The Lost Boys and I don't know much of anything about him. When I looked him up, I realized that I don't think I've seen a single film he's ever been in.

That doesn't matter really though. A man is dead, he was only 38, and to people who were around the 80s, they've lost someone that they were used to seeing on the big screen. It's the same kind of situation that my generation had with Brittany Murphy.

Okay. So it's sad and sudden and no one wants someone who is considered "washed up" to die without having a shot at vindicating themselves and their career. I'm driving home from getting some lunch and the guy on the radio is talking about this.

The radio station in Waco does this "Way Back Wednesday" thing where they play older songs throughout the day. So the opening of the next song is playing and the DJ says he was waiting to talk about it until there was more information about what happened but that he died from an accidental suicide. Cue Justin singing, "Hey hey...bye bye bye."

...what?

I'm gonna go out on a limb on this one and say that maybe we look at the screen and read what song is coming up next. No no. Maybe we listen to the song that is ALREADY PLAYING and think that maybe the next break would be a better fit for talking about this.

You know that I love irony, I live for it, but come on. So way to go Waco. Way to continue to suck at everything.

No comments: