Monday, August 3, 2009

Charlie...

HAPPINESS IS FINDING A PENCIL.
PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE
I had that this week. It was supposed to be garlic chicken but it was something else entirely and it was pretty incredible. I think that is where my happiness started. It started then.
TELLING THE TIME.
Monica couldn't until she was 13. I figure that since I could before that, I have something to feel good about.

HAPPINESS IS LEARNING TO WHISTLE.
TYING YOUR SHOE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.
HAPPINESS IS PLAYING THE DRUM IN YOUR OWN SCHOOL BAND.
That whole thing about moving to the beat of your own drum, it's got such a negative connotation to it but in reality, It's not at all. I mean, is it so great to follow everyone else's beat? No. It's not.
AND HAPPINESS IS WALKING HAND IN HAND.
Physically or metaphorically.

HAPPINESS IS TWO KINDS OF ICE CREAM.
KNOWING A SECRET.
And keeping it.

CLIMBING A TREE.
HAPPINESS IS FIVE DIFFERENT CRAYONS.
CATCHING A FIREFLY.
SETTING HIM FREE.
HAPPINESS IS BEING ALONE EVERY NOW AND THEN.
Because sometimes, we need to be alone. Sometimes, when we are alone, we make mistakes, but sometimes, we need that time for clarity.
AND HAPPINESS IS COMING HOME AGAIN.

HAPPINESS IS HAVING A SISTER.
Bleep blarp.

SHARING A SANDWICH.
GETTING ALONG.
It feels good to get along. It's like this unwritten and under-appreciated element of life. Getting along is like an undercurrent of nice. An undercurrent of peace.

HAPPINESS IS SINGING TOGETHER WHEN DAY IS THROUGH,
AND HAPPINESS IS THOSE WHO SING WITH YOU.
I have that covered in my life.

HAPPINESS IS MORNING AND EVENING,
DAYTIME AND NIGHTTIME TOO.
FOR HAPPINESS IS ANYONE AND ANYTHING AT ALL
THAT'S LOVED BY YOU.
I love a lot. And for the first time in months, I'm happy. I just needed Charlie Brown to express it.

No comments: