Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Things that really matter

It's been a while. And there is a reason.
For the past month, I have been catching up on television that I should have been watching for years. I spent three weeks watching The Office and another week watching 30 Rock. I have watched, all together, 8 seasons of television in the span of about 4 weeks. And let me tell you, I feel awesome.
The kind of awesome that makes you feel inflated and muscular. The kind of awesome that makes you feel like you are taller than everyone else in the room. The kind of awesome that gives you the power to just look at someone and make them weep.
You know, I didn't watch either of these shows because I didn't have time. It wasn't because I didn't want to watch them, but I just didn't have the time. And now, I have made time and while I know that in the future, it will cost me precious time each week to stay on top of these shows as well as the variety of shows that I already watch, I had decided that I will devote my time to this.
And you know what? I think I will be a better person because of it. Now, I will have insight into things that I never would have had insight into before. I will be smart about things that I wasn't smart about before. I will have quotes that I will use in my every day life that I would never have been able to use before. And now, if you can believe it, I have started watching Mad Men. Yes. I have started another show that I plan on watching the entirety of this summer. And before the summer's close, I plan on being caught up on Lost as well. That isn't as much of an undertaking as I'm only a season and a half behind. But still.
Some people use their summers for internships. Some people use their summers to go on missions trips. Some people use their summers to help people or to work to save money. I am not those people. I am the person who is using is summer to watch as much television as possible, giving me a reason to boast at the end of the summer about the number of hours of television that I consumed like macaroons at an all-you-can-eat chinese buffet. And don't forget about the important things I have to do as well this summer. So You Think You Can Dance. America's Got Talent. The Fashion Show. Wipeout. True Blood. Hung. (Yes I'm watching it and I like it quite a bit) The D-List. The really important things that really matter.
Side note: I loved Transformers and I don't give a crap what you thought about it.
So there you have it. The summer update. I'm spending my summer doing important things. And you have every right to be jealous. That's allowed in this situation.

No comments: