Wednesday, June 10, 2009

She looks at her phone.

It's Wednesday. That's news to me. While you may have woken up to that information, I have gone through my entire day thinking it was Tuesday. I sit down in front of my television, ready to watch So You Think You Can Dance, and the teaser commercial comes on. It says that it is a special 2 hour episode that airs on Wednesday night. So I start to freak out. Wait. What? I thought it was on tonight?
So I check my DVR. It's set to tape. So I'm rationalizing. It must have been a mistake on the commercial. I mean, Idol airs on Tuesdays, so this should too, right?
So my friend walks in the door.
"What day is it?" I ask.
She looks at her phone. "Wednesday."
"Okay because all day I have been thinking it was Tuesday."
"Oh my gosh! All day yesterday, I thought it was Monday!"

While I would love to end with some sort of wonderful saying that makes this okay, what this really boils down to is that I can't even keep my days straight. But it's okay. So You Think You Can Dance is back on. On a Wednesday. And it was awesome. An awesome Tues...Wednesday.

No comments: