Saturday, June 13, 2009

The novelty

Let the sun shine...

You know, I will be the first to admit that I have been down lately. Not really for any other reasons that aren't monetary, but it's disappointing going into my birthday weekend.
I'm 26. And that's weird and normal at the same time. I've got a to-do list for my life and some things have been checked off and some have not yet. That's fine. There are just some things I would like to be able to check off sooner as opposed to later.
But, I will say that the weekend thus far has been really wonderful and I have nothing negative to say about it. I have great friends and great family.
Family that, while they don't seem to understand my recent obsession with Hair, got me a birthday card that sang to me.

Let the sun shine in...

Most of those music cards are silly and deserve to be banned. But in that moment, looking at the hippie poodle on the cover and hearing the music come out, it filled me with joy. I've always prided myself on the fact that I enjoy the small things in life. And as small as this was, it filled me with the kind of shameless joy that keeps a smile on your face long after the novelty has worn off of the card.
I take that to be a good sign. It's a good sign for a good year. It started with finishing a script that I am proud of and a spontaneous trip to get pastries. I went Up and had an amazing meal with family who, for some reason, love me even when I am totally obnoxious and completely out of touch with reality. Then there was the card. The wonderful, wonderful card.

The sun shine in...

No comments: