Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No more Pac Man

A little piece of me that has been missing from my life for over 8 years came back today. It was like it grew back in, just where it had been ripped out.
And it was just as simple as that. A piece of me that was ripped out of my life like a savage cougar ripping out the belly of a wild hare. But it grew back. In the span of about 10 minutes, it grew back and my life became oddly complete again.
Here's the deal. I didn't know it was missing anything. I mean, I knew when it initially happened and I knew that my life was somehow incomplete. But I didn't realize that it was still missing. Like a piece of my pie has been missing and I just didn't know it.
Now I feel sorta foolish for not knowing. But there it is. Now, it's back. And life feels complete again. Which is strange because I have had so many great experiences in the span of those eight years. But now, they all seem more complete for some reason.

Side note: Is there anything more touching than this statement: "I love you more than sex."

The truth is, that which was ripped from me was a huge part of my life. Shaped the way that I do things even now. So that is why I have said the same thing over and over again in this blog. I really don't have the words to describe how I feel, just that I used to be a completed circle, then I was a Pac-Man shape and now I am back to a completed circle. A circle of life. A good life. A full life. Life.

No comments: