Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friend

Okay, I feel exhausted. I mean, really exhausted. And I know what's to blame. The economy.
The economy has me exhausted. I am constantly under an overwhelming sense of constraint because of loans and the lack of enough funds and I find that I can't even think straight anymore because I am always thinking about how to make my payments that are already late.
The economy.
Look. I don't know much about stocks, Wall Street is a blur to me, and bailouts don't make any sense to me, mostly because I am the one that needs bailing out right now, not GM. They got however many billions of dollars and all I really need is a couple thousand. Change that Mr. President.
I'm also mad at the economy because it forced my barber shop to close. My barber shop. Closed. Do you know how important my hair is to me?! Even if I cover it up with a hat most of the time, I know what it looks like underneath, and it can't look good if I don't have my barber shop. Do I want to go to Sportscuts and pay extra money so that I can watch the Yankees on a flatscreen while i get my haircut? No. I don't. All I really want is my barbershop with the cheaper haircut on Tuesdays. And 5 thousand dollars.
And now, because of this, I am sitting here, watching Spice World. Spice. World. Really. I am. I have a writing deadline on Friday and here I am, watching Spice World. I will preface that with the fact that I have never seen it. It is not a guilty pleasure or anything. I do have plenty of those, but this isn't it.
So really. I blame the economy for Spice World.

No comments: