Friday, June 19, 2009

A bug landed on my hand

I imagine that this is what our conversation today would sound like, and by that, I mean, if you and I were talking, in person, right now, this is what it would be like.

What did you do today?
Ah, not a lot. I worked all day.
Anything special happen?
Not really. Oh, wait. Yes. Something did happen.
What was that?
One of my best friends dropped her car on my hand.
I'm sorry?
Me too.

I don't know what else to really say about it. A Volkswagon landed on my hand. I mean, I could tell you the story about changing a tire, parking brake, a jack incident, and my hand, but it doesn't really matter. What matters is the life lessons that were learned through this.
First, never wear a white shirt on a day when your friend is going to need help changing a tire. That's the first thing.
Second, life happens. Things fall on you. Automobiles can fall on you. But it's about what happens when you get back up. Ask Rudy. Ask the Coyote. Yeah, ask Wylie. He knows what it's like to have heavy things land on him. And what does he do? He just gets back up again and goes after that Road Runner. And you know what? I imagine that he gets that Road Runner eventually and he rips his speedy little carcass to shreds. That's right. A bloody mess.
So keep on keeping on. Even when a machine that you sure did try to "Lift! And Slide!" falls on your appendages. Don't worry. It will be alright. Sometimes, helping others is more important than the ability to move your fingers.

No comments: