Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The haunted man-son

Okay. So I'm physically in class yesterday, mentally, somewhere completely different. I'm sitting there, listening to the people in my class talk about all sorts of interesting things and I am genuinely interested in what they are saying. All the while, I feel like a balloon.
Next thing I know, my prof is calling on me, asking if I have anything to contribute to it. Without missing a beat, and in the groggiest voice I've ever heard come out of my mouth, I say, "I'm sorry. I'm so zoned out today. I have no idea."
I said that. To a prof. In class.
I'm always on the ball, I've always read, I've always done what I am supposed to do, but yesterday, I hadn't and it was the one day that I was called on. Karma and irony mixed together to create some sort of monster that was kin to that giant monster on top of the mountain from Fantasia. You know, the peak of the mountain that comes to life and is a giant monster? Right. That is what hit me yesterday. A giant monster. And I haven't been able to shake it since.
Grim, grinning ghosts have come out but NOT to socialize. No sir. To destroy my life. And my hair.

No comments: