Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hammer.

The absence of blogging as of late has been due to the fact that I have TBD. I know. It's a very widespread epidemic during the spring. TBD. Too Busy Disorder. But don't worry. I'm on the patch. Really, reading for my classes has taken up the time that blogging used to consume.
Being consumed with something isn't such a bad thing. I mean, every great discovery in history was made because someone was consumed with the desire to figure something out. Either that or it was a complete mistake. I've made mistakes. Too many to list. None of them changed history. I mean, they might have changed things for me, but not really for all of humanity. I like to think that time will come, when I can change all of humanity. Hopefully not through a mistake, but it could be I guess.
Someone told me they were impressed with me. I don't really know how to take that. By that I mean that I don't really know what to do with compliments. I wish I had a pocket I could just put them into so I wouldn't have that awkward moment of not knowing how to react. Isn't that such a problem? There is a fine line between being thankful and being arrogant. I just wish I had a pocket. Or a hammer. Cuz if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the noontime, I'd hammer all across this land. That still doesn't help me with my compliment problem.
I guess I just don't think that highly of myself. Sometimes, I know I did something good and then the compliments aren't awkward because I'm aware that what I did was great. See. There's that line again of thankful and arrogant. This is why a story like this always comes across sounding bad.
Moral of the story, someone was impressed with me, for whatever reason, and the compliment meant so much to me that two days later, I am blogging about it instead of reading for class. And I really do wish I could hammer all across this land. Maybe that will be my contribution to humanity. But who really needs to hammer like that? And the more I say hammer, the dirtier it sounds. So I should probably stop. I do want to change the world though. With what still stands to be determined.

1 comment:

Facade said...

You referenced "If I Had a Hammer", that rocks! I have a rendition of that song... sung by Leonard Nimoy... it is fun, and I am going to have to go listen to it haha.
And I complemented you a few days ago, you were not around, but I said, "He writes one of the few blogs I actually check on a regular basis, and it is well written at that." So take it, arrogant or not.