Sunday, February 1, 2009

For good.

Something tells me I'm into something good.
That's a song, in case you didn't know. But I have found myself singing it lately. I mean, I love old music and so it would make sense that I would be singing it, but I have been singing it recently for a variety of other reasons.
I am a part of something. I am a part of something special. It has a name. It's not really important what the name of it is. That's just for us. But I am a part of it and no one can take that away from me. I mean, I really feel kinda blessed.
You know, life hasn't been perfect in the past few months. I have had some issues, I have had some heartache, I had a relationship or two fall apart, I had some uncertainty...okay...I've had a lot of uncertainty, but it's okay. It's all okay. Because I am a part of something. Something good. No. Something great. And that is fantastic.
I feel fantastic because I am a part of something. Isn't that what we want in life? We all want to be a part of something. I have been blessed to be a part of something that is beyond what I could have ever dreamt for myself. I have the support of five people that love me despite the fact that they know everything about me. In spite of the ridiculous things I've done in my past, in spite of my obnoxious tendencies, in spite of my seemingly rancid inability to self-censor, in spite of my disproportionate mood swings, and in spite of my frailties, they support me.
I've always been in awe of this, but just within the past week, I've come to realize just how special it is to me.
They are the laptop to my Carrie, they are the Jack to my Karen, they are the Piggy to my Kermit, they are the Sophia to my Dorothy. They are the Chandler to my Monica, they are the Blair to my Chuck, they are the Justine to my Theo, they are the Nigel to my Mary. Really, the Rembrandts said it best. I don't need to elaborate.

No comments: