Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yep.

I really hate that word. I mean it. It's so condescending to me. Bratty children say 'yep.' Know it alls say 'yep.' I really really hate that word. I hate when people use that word. I really hate it when it's used in a text. Man, that's obnoxious.

In other news, Kelly's new song is out. PRAISE BE TO THE GOD OF THE NEW TESTAMENT AND THE OLD. Every single time I listen to it, it makes me overwhelmingly happy. I've already made it into a ringtone on my phone. I'm obsessed. I really love the lyrics though. On the flip side, I am at a place in my life where I have recently seen someone in my life hacked out of the picture in rather violent fashion, and in a way, this song has brought me a lot of twisted comfort. No lie. Because my life doesn't actually suck without them. There in-lies why I'm not upset anymore.

There are people in my life that I can imagine singing this song to though. There are people that not having them in my life would, in fact, cause it to suck. And I am so thankful for them now, more than ever.

So as much as life hasn't been picturesque as of late, it really hasn't been that bad. I mean, forever united here somehow, yeah. So my outlook has opened up and the dumb clouds of criticism and all around retardedness have parted. (I am standing by that word too. Retardedness. I used it correctly, it conveys the meaning and I am standing by it. I don't care that it's not a socially acceptable word. I like it. Kathy and I like it.)

So life is good and I know that I haven't posted in a while, but never fear. Life is good. And I have Kelly Clarkson to thank for helping me through this time in my life. Score one for the healing power of music cliche. Yep.

No comments: