Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Palms are people too

It's snowing in Malibu and in Las Vegas.
There are so many things wrong with that sentence. Not that those areas of the country don't deserve snow because they surely do. Vegas has to deal with the intense heat of the desert all the time and a little snow might be the perfect thing needed to cool those steamy people off. Who knows, maybe some of the topless girls will have to put shirts on to stay warm. I mean, if they want to be topless, I won't stand in their way. They can do whatever they want to with those. I'm just saying.
But why is it snowing there? Why? Why is it snowing in Houston? The palm trees aren't going to be too thrilled about that. What about that? What about the palm tree's feelings? Does no one care about them? This is just like when Monica was going to have lilies at her wedding, thus preventing cats from being able to attend. If they eat a lily, they would die. How inconsiderate. No, I'm not being foolish. Here's why: I just completed my last spanish course and the feeling of excitement that has come over me is incredible. When I was in high school, my spanish teacher would always say that "Pets are people too," in response to how we address them within the spanish language. If that doesn't fit in this situation, I don't know what does.
I just find this to be one big cosmic joke. Ha ha. It's snowing. Ha ha. I'm going to have to chew a piece of sweet gum and think this one over.
I love the snow. I do. I very rarely get to see it because I live in Texas, but I do love it. I love the thought of getting all bundled up, wearing a scarf, and just walking in the snow. But it doesn't snow down here. It ices and while that does give everything the appearance of having been snowed on, it isn't actually snow at all. It's ice.
I think the point that I am trying to make here is that topless dancers should be allowed to do whatever they want to do, unless it snows, in which they need to put on a shirt. Oh, and palm trees have feelings too.

No comments: