Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Think I Can

It's no secret that I love television. That's a fact. But last night, I was able to experience television.
I was able to go to the So You Think You Can Dance tour, and experience the live version of what I spent the summer watching. It was wonderful. Afterwards, we even met all of the dancers. Again, wonderful.
There was something magical about the collision of television and real life. It wasn't just something on TV anymore. They were actual people that I was hugging and taking pictures with. They were people that we saw do the dances that we loved. It was like I was inside the television set and it was all happening around me. And it was wonderful.

It was only a day before, when I announced that I was most interested in working in television in the future. I said it and when I did, I realized it was true. I had a moment with myself after that when I let it soak in. I mean, I would love to do it all, but there it was. My love and my passion. Spoken out loud. Who knows.
But there it is. The tour was wonderful and so was my epiphany.

No comments: