Sunday, September 28, 2008

Okay.

I have started to write blogs for a long time now. I mean, I knew that I hadn't written anything and I knew that I needed to. But everytime I started to write something, the well was dry. I have had nothing worth writing about.
Not that I've been a boring individual or anything, but all my TV shows have started again and I've been consumed with juggling all of the pop culture that I absorb on a weekly basis. It's very time consuming to be in the know as much as myself.
But today, as I was on a routine trip to the store to get food for the week, I ran across something that I impulse bought.
I bought a shirt today that has skulls on it. Let that marinate for a second. A shirt. Skulls.
It's kinda skater, kinda punk, and kinda goth because its covered in skulls, and I usually retract myself from stuff like that, but for some reason, today, I just grabbed it and that was that.
See, when I buy things, I carry them around with me to decide whether or not they are important. I used to ask myself the question, "Will you want this in ten minutes?" Now, I just carry it around for ten minutes and I usually find that I don't need it after all. It saves money. Try it.
But with this, I saw it, saw that it was on sale, and it was in my basket. That was that. Much like the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping, its a grab and go experience. There's no time for thinking about it.
Rather, I've done all my thinking afterward. Why would I need a shirt with skulls on it, something so uncharacteristically me? The answer was simple. Change.
Things are changing. Inside of me, outside of me, around me, everywhere. I have a lot to do during October, all of which include taking massive amounts of pictures. All the clothes I've seen to get for that stuff are just not what you'd think I'd get. But I'm set on it.
And, if all of that wasn't enough, my hair is long and I have sunglasses. I never wear sunglasses, mostly because I can't find a pair that look good on me. I've also had short hair for the past 4+ years. Its long now and though some are fans and some aren't, I am and that's what matters.
Its change. And I'm okay with it. I'm changing on the inside and I'm okay with that.
I'm changing. And I'm okay.

No comments: