Monday, September 8, 2008

Hung Up

It is a sad day when you realize its over. The death of a friendship hurts so badly because it is a part of you that no longer exists. A piece of who you are has crumbled away like stale bread and it is a sad revelation to see it fall off.
How do people who have been friends for so many years, just peel apart? How does a divide occur that is so splitting that you don't even speak? If you were that good of friends to begin with, shouldn't you be able to navigate the changes of life together?
Very rarely do I find my life imitating that of teenage television soaps. But today, I did. And it was such a sad realization because I felt the light of the friendship die. I saw the life in it pass on. In just a few short words, I felt it die.
I have no choice but to be hopeful for the future. I can't live without that hope. But I also know that my road keeps going and it doesn't dead-end here. So I will keep walking, unafraid and unaffected. Life's too short to be hung up on this.
"Those who run seem to have all the fun and I'm done, I'm hanging up on you."

No comments: