Sunday, July 6, 2008

Live from new york! It's Sunday morning!

It's not really Sunday morning.
Wait.
No.
It's not really live from New York.
I'm coming to you live from Austin, Texas this morning. Don't be jealous.
Yes. This is the land of Rick Perry, of the capital, of Chuys, and of the phrase "Oh. They're so Austin."
This is why I'm coming to you today. You, the reader. I need your help.
Why do we allow people who dress poorly, have unmanaged hair (everywhere), and parade the fact that they are "individuals" continue to think that they are doing something freeing and, dare I say, noble?
I'm all for being your own person and not conforming to whatever American Eagle, Abercrombie, Vogue, and The Hills tell us we should be. All for it. Having said that though, where is the line? No. Wearing that prarie dress with those hooker heels and having brillow pad friz hair does not make me envy your individuality.
Sure, you can be the nicest person alive and that's great. But come on.
I think I just hate the built in excuse that people are giving each other. Just because you have the freedom to dress one way, doesn't mean you should exercise that freedom.
At the end of the day, wear what you want. Dress like a confused cast member of Little House on the Prairie. Be an "individual." But at the end of the day, know that I will mock you openly. I don't care how nice you are. We can be the closest of friends actually. But when the phrase "That's so Austin" gets used, look out. I just might blog about it.

No comments: