Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm riled

Okay. I just watched a clip from The View from this morning where they were talking about the N word. Elizabeth got very upset with the conversation because the two black women on the panel were saying how it's okay for black people to use that word but it's not okay for white people to use it.
First off. I love Elizabeth because she isn't afraid to look stupid in front of a liberal media. She stands her ground, she speaks her mind, and if she were a liberal, she would be praised for it. Since she is conservative, she gets crap for it. I commend her and think she's great.
If I had been at that table, I would have been Elizabeth. I don't think that word is okay to use at any time at all. I think it's one of, if not the most, vile words in the english language.
Oprah said it's not okay and so did I. Do you need any more convincing?
So I'm irritated because they just tore into her saying that they can use that word because they have changed the meaning of it. Sorry. It doesn't work that way. I've been passionate about this for years now and it gets me all riled up.
Look at me. I'm riled.

No comments: