Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Waves Are Regrouping

So I have been trying to write on the projects that I gave myself to work on for the summer and I have been coming up with nothing really. I'm not really complaining, I am just stating.
Creativity comes and goes. It comes like the waves of the ocean. It rolls in, hangs out for a moment and then pulls out again. Sometimes, you get wave upon wave that roll in on top of each other and you are just inspired for a long time. But eventually, the waves all pull out to regroup. So what happens to us while they are regrouping?
For me, I can't make anything happen. Nothing at all. I can try and I can even have ideas that are good. But I can't execute them in the slightest. It's frustrating only because I know that I want to work on these things, but at the same time, I know that I just can't right now.
So what do I do during these times? I would love to share. Thanks for asking.
I immerse myself in things that are creative. I know that eventually, the waves will roll back in again and it will be time for me to go at it. So if I immerse myself in the things that I love now, when it comes time to write again, I will be charged up to full. We should always immerse ourselves in the things that we love anyway. It's good for the soul.
So while the waves regroup, I'm immersed.

No comments: