Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I've

I'm tired.
I'm so tired.
I'm so very tired.
Of it.

Look. I'm gonna be 25 in a week and a half and I've lived an exciting life thus far. I have traveled around the country, I have lived in New York City, I have placed at National fine arts competitions, and I've seen 16 different Broadway shows on Broadway. I've been published in a magazine, I've seen the dramas that I have written be performed all over the country, I've sang before thousands at the biggest event at Baylor University and I have friends on both coasts. I have a close friend in Brazil...who brought me a piranha. I've been to Mardi Gras. I saw Celine in Vegas. I've gone on the college road-trip. I've heard Mariah sing Hero live. I've been a mentor to teenagers and seen them grow up to be real people who don't suck. I've made a lasting impact. I've led an organization of over 100 teenagers and I've led an organization of over 100 college kids. I laugh loudly and don't care. I say crazy things and don't care what you think of them. I'm wise enough to be able to discern who is going to be an important piece of the puzzle of my life and who will blow in and blow right back out again. You might think that's crass, but it's the truth. I've moved five times in the same year. My ensemble in high school sang on a TV station. I've set goals for myself and met them, and I am one semester away from graduating from the college that I stepped out on a limb to go to when all logic said I should stay where I was.
Is it exactly how I would have done everything? No. If I had my way, I would have graduated 2 years ago. But that's not the road that was laid out for me. And I don't regret it at all.

So don't look down on me like you are better or more mature than I am.
Because you have no idea.

You know how actors put on a face when they take on a part? You know how we, as people, do that every day? You know how when you are with your closest friends, you don't have to do that? Right. So get over it.

I'm just frustrated. I'm gonna just give up on all of the crap and just open up an emu farm. That's right. And we will parade them down 6th street in Austin. It's already been arranged. See, I have connections.
I'm tired of it. I'm so very very tired of it.
Emus it is. In Yemen.





No comments: