Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm allowed this ONE.

Isn't it funny how sometimes we need God and other times we don't?
I know. I don't ever post about this sort of thing, but it's something that I have been thinking about for the past day.
It's funny to me how we go through phases. When things are going really great, everything is working, life is going the way that WE want it to go, we don't have much of a need for any Outside input do we? Things are going fine without it, why worry about it?
Then there are the times when we choose to need God. Like, when our plans fall through, when we are depressed, sick, or just when things aren't going as we want them to. Something being wrong with someone else brings us to the place where we want to remember to pray. Suddenly, it's the most important thing in the world. And doesn't it feel great to be able to tell someone that you have been praying for them during this hard time for them? Even though you didn't pray a day for them until something was wrong.
Oh! And I love when people do pray, they pray for what they want for themselves. I love that! And then when the answer isn't the easy way out, well, "I guess I should just do what I want anyways." Because that's wise.
I'm not a Bible-thumper and not too conservative either. Ask me who I am voting for and I will tell you that I don't know. (actually, I will tell you that I don't like either candidate, but that is neither here nor there) I just think that it is so great that we have a God that will just sit and wait until we can't do it on our own anymore and then He's there to swoop in and save the day...wait.

Last time I checked, He is there always. And we should be too. Not praying to get what WE want, but what is best for us. And I am not talking about the Celine Dion version of The Prayer. As wonderful as it might be, I am talking about really praying.
I'm done preaching. Forgive me if you are offended, but I am allowed this one time to say it.

No comments: