Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't make God cry

Did you really just respond to my text message with "K"? Really? Was it too hard for you to type in the word "Okay" or even better than that - "Okay, sounds great"?
I know that I am spoiled. I have a Sidekick and it has a full keyboard on it and so when I text, I can write mini-novels and send it out without taking hardly any time at all. I know that if you don't have the keyboard, it isn't as easy. But who is texting for the first time? Anybody? If you are over the age of 30, you get a free pass, but only for so long. The expiration date on that pass is quickly approaching.
K?
Some people are in the habit of just sending smiley faces as answers to questions. Those I can tolerate more because the expression on the face can mean so much. A smiley face can say "That's a great idea and I have never heard of anything that sounds as fun as that." A frowning face can say "I just failed that test and I can't even talk about it, all I can do is frown."
But K is up there with all of the other abbreviations that people think are so fun to use but really make God cry. Every time it rains, God is crying about electronic abbreviations. Whatev is not a real word and it only works when Grace Adler or people like Grace Adler say it.
Abbreviations are the devil's playground. Oh we've got trouble my friends. Yes sir we've got Trouble right here in our city. With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Precious...not presh. Idiots.

No comments: