Friday, June 6, 2008

Dam Yourself

Watch your language. Sheesh. Inappropriate.
Everyone has vices. We all have things that we deal with on a daily basis and we have to struggle with. It's a part of life. But what we do with those things defines who we are. Whoa. I totally feel like Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
Seriously though, we have to dam up the opportunities for us to cave into those struggles and a lot of times, we use other people to be those dams. I don't know that there is anything wrong with that actually, but there comes a point when we have to be independent enough to be those dams for ourselves.
There is accountability and then there is the point when you just have to be strong enough inside of you to be able to tackle things. It's a fine line, but I think the rewards outweigh the pitfalls.

I cried last night.
Truth is truth. Don't have to lie.
I'm pretty good with the whole dam thing. I know how to keep myself out of trouble. But you know, after everything has been building up behind the dam for so long, it has to break. Not in a bad way, but in a positive way. Oprah, are you listening? So I broke and let go everything that had been building up. Of course I still had the chain link fence in place so that I wouldn't give into the things that are issues for me. Flood waters out, self control in.
Look at me. I'm not perfect and I am letting everyone know. Dr. Robyn would be proud.

No comments: