Monday, May 26, 2008

For-e-ver

The Sandlot is one of the best movies ever. I know how large of a statement that is. But it really is. Think about it. Everything you need it wrapped up in this one kid's movie, though I don't really consider it a kid's movie.
There is a chase scene, action, vomiting, hot girl at the pool, scheming, exploding tree houses, a giant dog, Karen Allen, nostalgic music, and smores.
And who knew how to make a smore before this movie came out? I mean, we knew variations of how to make them, but it wasn't until this movie that we knew exactly what to do and and how to do it. How can you have some more of nothing? I will tell you. "First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham, then you roast the mallow. When the mallow is flamin', you stick it on the chocolate, then you cover it with the other end. Then you stuff."
You know, I have a picture that looks like the picture of all of the boys on the sandlot. When I was in 5th grade, there was a picture taken of me and all of my friends at camp and it looks just like that one in the movie. It's my own Sandlot photo.
There is a big life lesson in this movie too. Don't chew tobacco or you with have explosive vomiting as if you are in a Quintin Tarantino movie, or that scene in the Addams Family when they are at the play and Wednesday and Pugsly's arms get chopped off and they spray blood all over the audience. No one wants that. So I have never touched the tobacco and I think the reason is this movie. I have been spared Tarantino vomiting. That is the power of movies.

No comments: