Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Not Gonna Matter Cuz You're Flat In Front Like Ken

So I have never seen Blades of Glory. I don't know why. But I didn't. But I am currently watching it now and I there are a lot of things that I love.
First, the opening credits was a Sarah Brightman song. That brought joy into my heart. It was just so unexpected. Kinda like Tilda Swinton winning the Oscar.
And then, the parade of skaters. It was like a who's who of American figure skating. It was like being at the winter Olympics.
I also loved how Napoleon Dynamite tried to escape that character but could not. Even when Will wears a snake skin jacket, he was still the same guy telling Tina to eat her ham. It's mind-bottling. And it's a good thing that Ron Burgundy was in this movie too. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would have made it.
And can we just say that the Oscar for best costuming was given to the wrong person. The costumes in this movie were so exquisite and wonderful that the lack of recognition is appalling.

No comments: