Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Heroes


I am dedicating my life to Prince Caspian. It's official.

Look, I have heroes, we all do.

David Beckham. Hero. Has been for many years. Long before he came to America. Actually, before he even went to Spain. I have been on his train for a long time. He came from practically nothing and became what he is today. He's one of my heroes.

The Lone Ranger. Don't smirk. I can see you smirking! There is something noble about what the Lone Ranger does. He wears a mask to protect himself and the people he loves and he saves the day every time. But he doesn't have the gadgets like Batman does. AND - he is so advanced in the realm of equality. Right? I mean, who else did you know from the old west that had a native american best friend? It just didn't happen. He was SO ahead of the curve.

The Man in the Chair. If you haven't seen The Drowsy Chaperone, you don't know who I am talking about. But the man who actually is the Man in the Chair not only starred in his show, but wrote it for his wife and used his real life experiences to create the funniest piece of theatre that I have ever seen. He is everything that I aspire to be in life. No joke.

Chuck Bass. Just kidding.

Speed Racer. Did you see how he overcame everything so that he could win the race, not just for himself, but for his entire family? It's touching. He's just flat out awesome. Hero.

And now Prince Caspian. He was on the opposite side. He was bred to be one way. He saw the error in that and he fought for the right team. He helped children, various forms of little people (some with long beards - that in and of itself deserves praise), half human/half horse people, I mean, he is the poster child for not judging a book by its cover. Race doesn't matter to him. Even having to listen to that kid who was a King of Narnia. You know that he just wanted to knock that kid around and tell him who was boss. But no. He didn't. He held himself together until it was time for him to regain the throne.

So there it is. Wait.

The last person who is my hero is actually not last. He is actually the only real life hero that I have. He's one of the top 100 nurses in the Metroplex and when I called him a couple weeks ago, he said that someone almost bled out during a procedure and he had to save their life. Screw Greys, he actually saved someone's life. My dad is an actual hero.
Him and Prince Caspian.
Couldn't end it sappy.


No comments: