Saturday, May 17, 2008

Getting Commercial

Have you seen the Lipton Green Tea with Citrus commercial? Where all the people from all over the world are humming? Please tell me you have seen that. Isn't there something wonderful about it? It's just so wonderful. It's like the whole world is in harmony. Isn't that how it should be? Humming, gospel choirs, its what life is made of. Soccer players and gospel choirs should live in harmony!

Kinda like the Coke commercial that used to air before the movies. Where the woman would walk down the street handing out cokes to people and they would begin to follow her and sing? No, I don't know where all those bottles came from and yes, it was convenient that all of those people added on just at the right moments and were capable of four part harmonies. But man it was uplifting. I mean, after that, I wished I could take all the love that was in my heart, remove all the bars that kept us apart, I wanted to sing it loud and sing it clear, for the whole wide world to hear.

Speaking of commercials. Have you seen the commercial for the Last Comic Standing when the black guy says that he likes to stand outside of a tanning salon, staring at his hands, screaming at the top of his lungs? Like he is so burnt and he's horrified? I just spent minutes of my life laughing. Minutes. I mean, minutes. So funny. I'm laughing now.

Who said that we should fast forward through commercials? Bump that.

No comments: